Tuesday, August 24, 2010

It's 632am. I'm at Northside Hospital in labor with my firstborn. We arrived at the hospital around 1030pm. Me, my sister and Aidan. Upon arrival, I was only 50% effaced and only one centimeter dialated. They had me walk around to see if my labor would progress. I walked for about an hour and a half then took a short break. As I stood up to complete my last 20 minutes of walking, my water broke at 140am. To my surprise, the fluid was not clear. Peace made a bowel movement which complicates things a bit. It puts having a lotus birth on the backburner. If Peace inhales the fluid with the bowels in it, it could very well be detrimental. I was sad to hear this but if cutting her cord ensures that she gets the proper attention, then so be it. Right now I'm contracting. They gave me a dose of pitocin at 600am to speed my contractions up to get Peace out safe and sound. Fatty and Morgan just walked in, it's 643am. Omg my mom is stripping for this photo op to show off her tattoo. I'm glad they are here. So here goes a crucial contraction. I feel pressure in my butt.

No comments: