Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Resession?

Has anyone else thought that perhaps we are in a recession because of ourselves? We've become takers rather than makers.  We've become so distracted by our iPods iPhones ipads droids blackberries wiis ps3 and all these other toys that we forgot how to live.  We're so busy on facebook and Twitter keeping everyone updated on what we're doing and we really ain't doin shit. Busy blaming the president  And the prior president rather than taking some responsibility. We are so distracted that we forgot we know how to do shit. We've gotten to a point where people can't function wihout their toys and no one wants to get their hands dirty. But the illegals will. Now we mad at them. Because they are coming in and taking our jobs. Jobs we won't do. We're in school because we think that's going to help us get jobs.  It won't. We know that. We see that. But we still go. Why? Because we are procrastinating. We are in this recession because people forget they can cook. Build things. Sew. Grow things. Trade things. We are so good at spending money we don't have. An overdrawn bank account is a weekly or monthly occurance for some of us. And it's coo. Gtfoh. Let's step up. I know my rant isn't gonna change the world or the US but hopefully it will make someone reevaluate their priorities. Even just one person. Learn how to sew. Learn how to braid. I don't know. 
Hell, plant some tomatoes. Just do something. Wake up people. Do we have to hit rock bottom before we ever realize we were falling? Hope not.  At least try to live beneath your means. Stop bringing your money everywhere. Buy only what you need. Get you some groceries. Eat leftovers.  I'm gettin my ass out of this recession. I don't know about you but I'm tired of broke. Shit is for the birds. Have a good day y'all!

No comments: